Did you know lilies are poisonous to cats?
Often referred to as the Easter Lily this spectacular flower unlike its common name suggests is available at most florists throughout the year. However with Easter and Mothers Day just around the corner it is timely to remind cat owners lilies are extremely dangerous to their feline friends.
When ingested, they can cause vomiting, depression, loss of appetite, development of acute renal failure, increased drinking or dehydration, and painful enlarged kidneys. Signs may subside after 12 hours although the affected cat is likely to remain depressed. If left untreated cats may die within 3 to 7 days.
To protect your best friends, avoid buying lilies. If you believe your pet has ingested part of the lilies, and is showing any of the above signs, do not delay in bringing them into see us.
If you would like to learn more about lilies and their poisonous impact on cats click this link.